ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753375 Members
5509 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML350, Overheated Condition

Michael Paone

ML350, Overheated Condition

I recently upgraded my ML350 from 3 18g Hot swap to 4 36g hotswap, the box is a dual 1g /2g ram /g2 , the array card is a 3200. After running the box for about 1hr there is a warning on reboot that there is an Overheated condition in the Storage Array. the drives were purchased used, I thought they were faulty so I had them replaced but problem still exists, I thought that the problem was the drive cage so I replaced that as well. but the problem still exists. the problem does not exist with 4 18g drives. also there are 2 fans, one at the rear of the box and one in the CPU fan slot above the drive cage. there is space for another fan behind the drive cage. would this be the potential problem?

any help would be greatly appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7
Mahesh Kumar Malik
Honored Contributor

Hi Michael

It seems 36G drives are generating more heat. You should install Redundant Fan kit for the server. For ML350G4 part no is 365866-B21

Regards
Mahesh
Raj_75
Regular Advisor

Is it a ML350 G4?

If possible try to reduce enviornment tempreture and see the results. Also it would be better to upgrade the firmware of the server.
Tv_3
Respected Contributor

Hi,

Check for dust or cables blocking the air flow...

Sincerly,
Chaos, Panic or Disaster??? Always Stay Calm, I will fix it.
Michael Paone

I believe this is a G2 model, it has the compaq logo, tan/gray colored box, slightly rounded.
Michael Paone

I checked/cleaned the box of dust before installing the drives, I didnt however remove the cover of the 2nd fan slot, which I will try as well as a 2nd fan
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

This is usually not a problem caused by any fans. If you go back to the 18.2 GB drives the error goes away?
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Michael Paone

Yes, if I reinstall 4 18's I no longer have this problem. any thoughts?