ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753488 Members
4365 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML350 Shuts itself down

Adam Bilcliff

ML350 Shuts itself down

We are currently trying to solve an issue with a ML350 server where it is shutting itself down. Initially we disconnected and re-connected the PSU and CPU, no joy.

We then decided to replace the PSU and it is still shutting itself down.

The fans are working but I can now only presume that perhaps a faulty temperature sensor may be getting a false reading and shutting the server down.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Adam.
3 REPLIES 3
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi Adam,

If this is an ML350 G4 system then check that the CPU heatsink and fan assemblies are connected the right way round. The fan should be at the front side of the server and draw cold air across the heatsink and out the back over the memory dimms. HP manufacturing had fitted some of them the wrong way round.

HP has also now improved the thermal pad on the bottom of these heatsink/fan assemblies and fitted a metal locating pin which means you can't get it the wrong way round any more. I would bet this is your problem if it's a G4. Either the older heatsink assembly (no pin) which has poorer thermal properties or it's fitted the wrong way round.

If you need replacements, call HP and request the following spare part number (366866-001). They all now come with the metal pin fitted and the upgraded thermal pad on the bottom.

I hope this helps.

Brian
Adam Bilcliff

Thanks for your response Brian.

It is actually a G3, could your thoughts still apply ?

Many thanks,
Adam.
ramesh_naik_
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Adam,

You may want to check this forum which is similar to your issue:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1050621

All the Best!!!!

Regards,
rmn