4777 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML350 and NDIS Dos network drivers

Reed Henninger
Occasional Contributor

ML350 and NDIS Dos network drivers

Hello,

I am trying to create a Ghost boot disk for an ML350 server. Thus far, I have used the drivers (BXND20X.DOS) contained in the following downloads: SP32840.exe, SP35341.exe, SP36401.exe, and the drivers straight from Broadcom for the NetExtreme II 5708 Chipset. All of these drivers seem to load ok (i.e. they find the device and report the MAC, device location, etc) but when my autoexec.bat calls netbind.com (version 2.1) It says it filed to bind with error 33. All the research I have done tells me that netbind is finicky with these broadcom drivers. Has anyone else run into this problem and found a solution?

Thanks,
Reed
5 REPLIES 5
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Reed,

From where have you downloaded these drivers ?

If not, Try downloading it Directly from Broadcom's website.

Regards,
James.
Reed Henninger
Occasional Contributor

I have already downloaded the drivers for the NetExtreme II 5708 Chipset directly from Broadcom. Is this not the right driver? It gives the same result as the HP ones.
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Reed,

Try the Universal Network Boot Disk. I've used this before where I've had problems with NDIS drivers to get to the point where I can load Ghost.

http://www.netbootdisk.com/

Click "Building the disk" on the left to see how XP is used to create the source diskette. Click Download to get the kit.

Have a look around the site to familiarise yourself with the boot procedure, "Screen Captures" etc.
You can tweak things to suit yourself once you know it works.

I hope this helps.

Brian
Reed Henninger
Occasional Contributor

Thanks so much! That universal disc is fantastic! Worked like a charm. Once I figured out how to modify it to automatically launch ghost on boot, it works great. No more screwing around with boot discs every time we decide to sell different hardware.

Thanks again,
Reed
Reed Henninger
Occasional Contributor

Network Boot Disk worked for me.