ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752754 Members
4606 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ML350 boot problem after unexpected reboot during array expansion

Rui Reis

ML350 boot problem after unexpected reboot during array expansion

I have here an ML350 which was up and running and having an array expansion running with middle priority. It was running smoothly till somewhere in the middle of the last night it rebooted somehow (wasn't power outage for sure) and the Windows 2K splash screen was at the end of progress. I waited another two hours because it could be taking longer to boot because of the expansion but it wouldn't boot. So I cold booted it into SmartStart 7.10. Here I could verify that the expansion was still in progress and there were no errors recorded. During this boot I read on the POST that there were two disks (the ones recently added) that needed firmware upgrade. So I exited the ACU and booted into Firware Upgrade CD 7.10 and upgraded everything. I rebooted once again but still not booting (hanging on the splash screen at a little further from middle progress). Any ideas? Thanks.
Rui
1 REPLY 1
Rui Reis

Re: ML350 boot problem after unexpected reboot during array expansion

Ok, I reply to this myself: (The server just finished rebooting sucsessfully) What the problem was? ([ONE]-automatic updates were turned on and configured to self install; the server ate a few updates last night at 6:00am, rebooted by itself but, as we know, didn't make it to completion maybe because [TWO] it was necessary to update the firmware of the newly added disks and/or other components;

Happy ending :)

Thanks HP/Compaq
Bill, you spoils us with all these whistles and we fall like ducks...