1752782 Members
6552 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML350 - no SCSI detect

Helen_22

ML350 - no SCSI detect

Hello everybody,

I am trying to install new OS on ML350 but when it scanning for SCSI devices and respond that NO SCSI devices detected.
I afraid if SCSI HDD have problem, but the light on HDD still flash sometimes during diagnostic.
Thanks.

Helen
4 REPLIES 4
HGN
Honored Contributor

Hi

Are there any Raid controllers on the servers? if yes you need to go and create the array and then continue to load the OS, you can hit F8 when prompted for configuring the raid array

Rgds

Gopi
Helen_22

Hi Gopi,

There is one Raid controller with VGA and LAN on this Raid. It doesn't support F8 when first start computer, just F10 to enter Setup
After turn on server, it's test RAM and then scanning for SCSI devices and respond NO device.
Thanks!

Rgds,
Helen

JohnWRuffo
Honored Contributor

Helen:

By default the ML350 does not come with a RAID controller.

Open the server side pannel and check to see if the SCSI cable leading from the Server Feature Board to the SCSI Drive Cage is connected. If not connect it to the SCSI port and to the backplane board for the drives. You may want to check the cable for "bent pins" by visually inspecting the cable terminations at the ends. If you have bent pins, this is likely the problem.

If not, make sure this cable is completely connected as it may appear connected but needs soft but firm preasure to seat it well. Also, check the power connections on the SCSI drive backplane board.

Do the drive(s) spin up? (can you hear them?)

Let me know what you find. -john
Enjoy!

Do you need help with your HP product?
Try this: http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt
Helen_22

Hi John,

the cable connected already, i even try to unlug and plug again, but still remain problem.
yes, i hear the drive still spin up

do you have another way?
Thanks a lot!

Helen