ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753262 Members
4853 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML350 stops responding and beeps if restarted

ron tirapelli

ML350 stops responding and beeps if restarted

This server has a SCSI RAID array installed with an Adaptec controller. It is a simple file server running 2003. Minimal processes.

I found the server unresposive with a blank screen. Had to force a restart.

It started OK - but after about 1 minute it started a continuous beep (exactly as I clicked to open the log) and I was unable to open the log. i was still able to move around on the screen but no applications would open.

I restarted but now the server will go through POST OK but will not boot - the disks will flicker very briefly and he screen will go blank.

Processor heatsink was too hot to touch also (although I am not sure how hot it would feel normally).

Any ideas? Could it be an overheat (although room is 70 and fans are all working OK)? I am afraid that I may have a board problem.
2 REPLIES 2
jiayin

Re: ML350 stops responding and beeps if restarted

I also have some problem about the ml350.So I found out this,http://cybrary.inet.cpqcorp.net/ARCHIVE/ADVISORIES/CUSTOMER/EL050414_CW03.HTML
Maybe it will help you.

Re: ML350 stops responding and beeps if restarted

looking at your posting the server was working without problems. After a while it was unresponsive and during install it was having a constant beep.

it looks like an hardwar error. Please contact your local reseller