ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752273 Members
5120 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML350 -use PCI video card not internal

Steve Bundy

ML350 -use PCI video card not internal

I have disabled the internal video by the dip switch and want to use a 128mb PCI Radeon 9250 card.
However, the 4mb Rage internal video is being detected and used, which gives me a blank screen.
I am trying to boot a Linux live-cd. (dyne:bolic 2.5)
Is there any other way to force use of the PCI card over the internal video?
3 REPLIES 3
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Re: ML350 -use PCI video card not internal

Hello Steve,
Check in RBSU, under systems option for PCI devices; Check if the card is enabled & if so, its not having an IRQ conflict.

Regards.
e4services
Honored Contributor

Yes, that is right. There should be nothing TO do. The card should load its BIOS after the onboard. We have had no trouble in the past adding PCI cards to old servers. Try moving the slot in which you have the PCI video. You may be in a slot that is not supported. Try on of the middle ones.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Steve Bundy

Hi Happy Dude and e4services,
Thanks for your replies.
I do not have RBSU, this is a gen. 1, 600mhz slot 1 P111.
The Radeon does share an IRQ but is working well in PuppyLinux, now that I have edited xorg.conf not to use the internal video,by deleting the Rage settings.

The problem seems to be that the internal card is being auto-detected on boot before the PCI card even though it is disabled.

I am wondering if I could enable the Rage (to get around the boot problem, then maybe edit xorg.conf again,) and still use the Radeon in PuppyLinux, ie, have both cards enabled at the same time.