1748052 Members
5027 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML350 with Server 2003

Martin Dettbarn
Advisor

ML350 with Server 2003

I have a couple of quick questions regarding upgrading an ML350 to Server 2003 (std) that I hope some of you could shed some light on.

We bought our ML350T03 X2200/400 in June of 2003. Since then it's been at a remote site and had no updates of any kind done to it (firmware/bios etc) and it's currently running NT 4.0

We just bought a ML370 G3 for our main office and it shipped of course with the foundation pack for various series of servers. If I am to go to our remote site to upgrade the 350 to 2003, will this foundation pack disk be of any use to me for that server?

Lastly, does anyone know of any issues with the ML350 and 2003 server?

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi Martin,

Need some clarification regarding the foundation pack is it shipped with server. If yes what are the details are you refering to Smart CD and Management CD.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Martin Dettbarn
Advisor

Sorry, it is SmartStart Release 7.0 for ML/DL 300,500 and 700 servers.

Wonder if it is safe to use this updated one to boot up and configure the older ML350.

Gus Kwong
Respected Contributor

See the 2nd page of this link for your model at http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/cd_supportinfo/ServerSupportMatrix.pdf

I have tried it anyway and my Foundation Packs for the 3rd generation Proliant did not work with my DL360s.
Learning never ends
Martin Dettbarn
Advisor

Nuts... well I printed off that pdf document, thanks for the link - it at least lays out some good ground work for me.

I'll have to search around their site a little more, it seemed to show at least there is a 2003 support pack for the ml350.

Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

There is the explainintion why we have smart start Cd.

To reconfigure server/ Driver requirement/ Dainostics.
So as per you query you want to install the updation from nt to windows 2003. so only thins you may need from smart cd is drivers. nothing more.

Where as management cd contains the Management agents and CIM and other utilities.

So now you know how you can proced

regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Gus Kwong
Respected Contributor

Na, don't feel disappointed because I think the lovely old layout is quite easy to use.

If you are re-installing from NT4, don't forget to goto F10 and change the OS from NT4 to Win2000/2003, or your server will just sit at the boot up screen at some point in the future!
Learning never ends
Martin Dettbarn
Advisor

LOL - Thanks for the heads up ;)