4855 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML350G - Configure RAID with SATA Disks connected on the motherboard

Nox1669
Visitor

ML350G - Configure RAID with SATA Disks connected on the motherboard

HI,

I have a ML350G6, with a RAID controller P440, with 2 RAID configured (SAS HDD 2.5"), and it works fine.

I addzd 3 HDD SATA 3.5" directly connected on the sata port on the motherboard.

They are seen in the the check at the boot of the server, abd are seen in vSphere (which is installed on the server).

My problem is that I don't see where I can configure a RAID in the BIOS for the HDD connected on the motherboard.

In ORCA, I don't see my HDD, I only the HDD and logical drives of the RAID controller P440.

So, how can I configure or enable the RAID for the HDD connected directly on ther motherboard ?

Thanks for your help.

And excuse my English....I'm french :-)

3 REPLIES 3
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: ML350G - Configure RAID with SATA Disks connected on the motherboard

@Nox1669 wrote:

HI,

I have a ML350G6, with a RAID controller P440, with 2 RAID configured (SAS HDD 2.5"), and it works fine.

I addzd 3 HDD SATA 3.5" directly connected on the sata port on the motherboard.

They are seen in the the check at the boot of the server, abd are seen in vSphere (which is installed on the server).

My problem is that I don't see where I can configure a RAID in the BIOS for the HDD connected on the motherboard.

In ORCA, I don't see my HDD, I only the HDD and logical drives of the RAID controller P440.

So, how can I configure or enable the RAID for the HDD connected directly on ther motherboard ?

Thanks for your help.

And excuse my English....I'm french :-)

You can't. The embedded SATA ports are part of the system board chipset and not integrated with the 'P' series Smart Array controller.  If I recall, those ports are only used for the non hot-plug model of the server.  There was also a cable to connect the embedded Smart Array to non hot-plug drives. Since your system has an added Smart Array, you should be able to use the option cable to connect your 3.5" drives to the embedded Smart Array port

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Nox1669
Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for your ansewer.

OK, so I have to buy this cable because I don't have it.

I just need an adaptator to connect each SATA HDD on a SAS port on the Smart array, it's that ?

Maybe, I have seen this type of c├вble with one SAS / 4 Sata connector.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Yes, I think it has one SAS end and then fans out to 4 SATA connectors   Look at the server quickspecs for the part number. You should be able to order it from the HPE partsurfer

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!