1752307 Members
5495 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML350G2 self test error?

Kelly Beauchaine
Regular Advisor

ML350G2 self test error?

Hello, I have just upgraded the PSP on a W2K server from version 6.40 to 7.10a, and now the vendor's proprietary software will not stay running. The event log shows an error on the Remote Insight Agent, 'The Remote Insight Agent has detected self test error '256'. SNMP Trap:9005 in CPQSM2.MIB
Vendor says they've seen this before and simply disabled the hp agents. That is not an option for us. Has anyone else seen this and found a solution?
Thanks,
Kelly
4 REPLIES 4
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Re: ML350G2 self test error?

Hi Kelly,

The Riloe needs to be reset. Please see the following Customer Advisory for a resolution.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=PSD_ES040421_CW01

Regards,

Brian
Kelly Beauchaine
Regular Advisor

Thanks Brian. My first mistake was linking this error to the vendor software issue. I did reset the board and all is well. As for the vendor software, well, that's in their hands! They told me when they've seen this problem b/4 they have simply disabled the agents, but that is not an option in our shop!
Kelly
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Kelly,

If they think there is a link between the agents and their application then you can reduce the polling interval in SNMP if, for example the SCSI bus is extremely busy during backups etc. We've had to do this to resolve some issues with Veritas in the past. It doesn't stop any agents but reduces the overhead a little.

If you go into the control panel and select the Compaq (or HP) Management agents icon. The centre tab relates to the SNMP settings. Simply increase the value from 2 minutes (default-I think) to 30 minutes.
Note: The Compaq/HP SNMP agents and SNMP service will stop and restart when you click OK but you won't need a reboot.

It might help.

Regards,

Brian
Kelly Beauchaine
Regular Advisor

Brian,
I guess we've decided to roll back the update to version 6.40 (which is where we were before). I don't suppose there is an easy, surefire, painless way of uninstalling version 7.10a and reinstalling version 6.40 is there? I haven't looked too closely yet, but I'm not seeing an uninstall program anywhere! Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kelly