108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Query: ML350G6 - BIOS Corrupt???

SOLVED
Go to solution
KenS
Occasional Contributor

ML350G6 - BIOS Corrupt???

Hi All, an elderly ML350 G6 crashed yesterday. It runs a RHEL clone. It had lost its settings in ILO and neither F9 (RBSU) or F11 (Boot Options) lead anywhere. Almost as if the machine crashes at that point. It will show the POST messages from the RAID, Network and ILO. I've tired stripping it back to just a CPU and minimal memory and I've tried a spare PSU.
I have a BIOS RomPaq on USB but I'm a bit stuck as it won't boot anything?
Is there some magic way to sort out what looks like a corrupt BIOS.?

Thanks

Ken

6 REPLIES 6
support_s
System Recommended

Query: ML350G6 - BIOS Corrupt???

System recommended content:

1. DL380 Gen10-the BIOS has corrupted hw-PMU resources (MSR 38d is 330)Intel PMU driver

2. HP ProLiant Servers - 1706-Extended BIOS Memory Data has been Corrupted Array Controller Interrupt 13H BIOS can not Continue. System Halted

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

KenS
Occasional Contributor

I forgot to mention that I have reset the CMOS/NVRAM using DIP switch 6.

Its interesting that the 2n'd answer above is very like my symptoms. For the moment I have unplugged the disks. There are no abnormal warnings in the ILO web pages.

But still no sign of it proceeding past the point whene it should hand over to the Raid controller, or other sources to boot up

Thanks

Ken

BPSingh
HPE Pro
Solution

Greetings!

I understand that you have already tested the server in minimum hardware configuration with no change in system behaviour. 

You have also cleared NVRAM using Dip switch 6

To boot from redundant ROM, you can use dip switch 1, 5 and 6 and check the result.

To create a ROMPaq image you can following the installation instructions on the below link:

https://support.hpe.com/connect/s/softwaredetails?softwareId=MTX_6265560e90324cbea8042d1429&language=en_US&tab=Compatibility 

If you are able to select the F11 key during boot, then should be able to select the USB boot option. 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
KenS
Occasional Contributor

Thank you I'll try that idea out. Ken

KenS
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, that DIP switch setting allowed the machine to boot a USB with the ROMPaq you suggested and the machine now runs again.

Much appreciated. A motherboard saved from recycling!

Ken

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @KenS

Excellent! Glad to know the problem has been resolved. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo