5721 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ML350G6 - windows 10 pro install

Poekel
Occasional Contributor

ML350G6 - windows 10 pro install

Hi,

I inherited an ML350G6 some time ago and i want to install win10 pro on it.  I have enough dislspace and nade 2 partitions  a small one and a big one.  The memory is 36 GB

The problem is that when i install win10 i get a message that it cannot be installed on the disk.  (i think it cannot create a system partition...)  I saw somew items on the net about using diskpart and use the command clean. That does NOT work for me.

Is there someone that can solve this mystery ?  I had windows installed before, but do not know i managed that ......

Thx!

Poekel

3 REPLIES 3
AmRa
HPE Pro

Hi Poekel,

As per Support and Certification Matrix the Windows 10 pro is not supported on ML350 G6. The issue you are facing might be due to the HP Smart Array controller drivers are mising for Windows 10 Pro.

https://techlibrary.hpe.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/supportmatrix/windows.aspx

ML350 G6 model is certified to run Windows Server 2008 to Windows Server 2012 R2.

You can review the windows OS support matrix for all HPE models here

https://techlibrary.hpe.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/supportmatrix/windows.aspx

Hence we strongly suggest you to consider installing OS which is currenlty in mainstream support OS.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
Poekel
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Is there no way to solve this without using windows server ?

I had win10 pro installed before......

Now i cant install it.  With 36GB memory and a good graphics card (already working) my son can play war zone .....

So no production server or whatsoever .....

Thanx!

Poekel

AmRa
HPE Pro

Please provide the screenshot of the error/issue you are getting while doing OS installation.

Also from diskpart please run "list disk" command and share the output.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo