4517 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion

ML350p Gen 8 UEFI bios

maudamb
Occasional Visitor

ML350p Gen 8 UEFI bios

Hi all,

after some search i was unable to find this simple information.

Can someone tell me if this server has UEFI BIOS ?

I need to know if it can boot from a single large volume of 6TB raid array on the default controller (Smart Array P420i with 512M expansion for write back) or i need to create multiple volumes.

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
sdrake48
Regular Advisor

Re: ML350p Gen 8 UEFI bios

The first document cited is from 2010.  Perhaps HP would like to present their current (2014) position on UEFI in Proliant servers?  The DL580 G8 supports UEFI, but not the other G8's, i.e. ML350p and DL380p.  Is there a plan for uefi support for them as well?  Before the G9 or G10 iterations? 

LucaSaraceni
Occasional Visitor

Hello, any news about the release of an uefi bios from hp ? I need it for my  Server HP ProLiant DL380e G8. 

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@LucaSaraceni wrote:

Hello, any news about the release of an uefi bios from hp ? I need it for my  Server HP ProLiant DL380e G8. 

Gen8 ProLiant (other than the DL580) does not have UEFI, nor will they. Starting with Gen9 all ProLiant have UEFI

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
DVT7125
Advisor

Well if that's the case, how is this possible? I am on an ml350p gen 8 with windows server 2022.

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Moderator Note: Post edited and removed the Serial number for Privacy. 

DVT
NACIM
Advisor

Bravo ;

but when we can activate the UFEI mode in this version of bios ?

i have the same issue ,

thanks 

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @NACIM

Thank you for writing to us! 

Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you to create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button, so the experts can check and guide you further. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo