3567 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ML350p Gen8 | P420i | RAID 5

bogeygolfer
Frequent Advisor

ML350p Gen8 | P420i | RAID 5

Hello,

One of our clients is wanting to add RAID 5 functionality to his ML350p Gen8 server. The server has a P420i and, I presume, no cache memory. He says RAID 1 and 0 are the only two options offered.

HPE documenation makes it evident that he will need to install at least 512MB of cache, but can someone confirm where this would be installed?

Is this the correct product? Is this (attached pic) the correct location for install?

Capture.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
bogeygolfer
Frequent Advisor

Does anyone have any insight on this?
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

This is the correct product but you have to follow the suggested recommendation as per the products. Follow the below documents for more clarifications.

HPE Smart Array P420 Controller/HPE Smart Array P420i Controller Quick space

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=c04111534

RAID Support RAID 6, 60 (Advanced Data Guarding) NOTE: RAID 6, 60 can be enabled with a minimum of 512 MB FBWC RAID 5, 50 (Distributed Data Guarding)

NOTE: A minimum or 512 MB cache is required to enable RAID 5, 50 support of the Smart Array P420i

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

bogeygolfer
Frequent Advisor

Thank you for the reply. Can you confirm that we have the correct location for the installation of the cache module? See pics in the original post. Thanks!

Cali
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I don't think this is an ML350p Gen8, I expect a DL360p Gen8.
Check the Part# on the Left Side of your Picture.

Then search for the "HPE ProLiant DL360p Gen8 Server Maintenance and Service Guide".

Yes, this is the Place for the Cache Modul in DL360p Gen 8.

Typical look at the removed Cover for an explanation of the slots, there should be a Picture.

Cali

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

I would suggest, you have to follow the HPE recommendation as per the documents.

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo