New Discussion

Re: ML350p Gen8 ticking noise

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chanklish
Frequent Advisor

ML350p Gen8 ticking noise

hello

i purchased two ML350p Gen8 with 12Gb 15K sas disks ( yes the salesman fooled me and i didnt do a proper research ) , but i keep hear ticking every 5 minutes : tik tik tik tik tik tik .

• i did a health and maintenance test , checked the disks from CLI , nothing there is no error whatsoever .
  • the servers has windows server 2008 R2 , they are idle all the time ( they did not join my live environment yet ).
  • everything from driver to firmware has been updated to the max , proliant service pack , everything .
  • i made sure the disks ( sff in an LFF case ) are well seated , my raid card has no issue or problem , both 460 watt PSU is connected to a 40 KVA UPS .
  • if i awake the server , the ticking sometimes stops

is this ticking noise normal ? and if not what should i check ?

1 REPLY 1
TVVJ
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: ML350p Gen8 ticking noise

Hi

To determine if there are any issues with the hard drive, the Array Diagnostics Utility (ADU) may be used reliably. If no errors are reported thereun then, review the IML logs for error messages. If there are no errors, then power off the server, remove the power cable from the wall jack and reseat all internal components and check if the issue is resolved. Clear the server's NVRAM. If the issue persists, then remove all installed components except for the processor and a single memory module and power on the server. If there are no issue then, power off the server, add one component at time and power it on to isolate the defective component. If the issue persists, then contact HP Support for further assistance, documenting all the steps that were performed and the results for each step done. Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo