1753427 Members
4976 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ML370 833 4GB RAM

Jeff harmon
Occasional Contributor

ML370 833 4GB RAM

We have a number of ML370 (first generation) servers that we just purchased memory for. The documentation for the servers said they can go to 4GB, and the server seems to address 4GB, but stops responding within 24 hours of putting the memory in. I am running Red Hat linux 8.0 on the server.

I haven't yet contacted support, but thought I would put this question out before I do so on Monday morning (12/22/03). I haven't updated any bios yet, I think I'll try that. I also just saw that there is a new linux support pack out there that I can try to.

Should also note that the server currently has 2GB RAM and seems to be just fine.

If you have any suggestions or experience with 4GB RAM in an ML370, help would be greatly appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: ML370 833 4GB RAM

Hello Jeff,
First of all is it genunine HP/COMPAQ memory?? I know in Windows environment you have to tinker with Boot.ini file when you install 4GB of RAM. I am not sure if such settings exist for RH Linux. Also make sure that the system BIOS as well as the support pack for Linux is uptodate. Here is the link just in case you need this:

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/87_1119.html

Regards,