1748165 Members
3970 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML370 933MHz

JJ_29

ML370 933MHz

I want to install W2K3 server on our rather old ML370. When I start the server I can configure the array but only have the option of installing NT4 and older. With SmartStart 5.4 it doesn't give "assisted install". Do I need to manually install W2K3, when do I install the Compaq array utlis for Windows? Many Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Robin_37
Trusted Contributor

Re: ML370 933MHz

update the latest system bios of the server, in the system configuration utility check the operating system you have selected, if you select winnt 4 then smartstart install doesnot list other operating system.

Regards

Robin
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

JJ:

I do not think Smart Start 5.4 supports Windows 2003 to begin with. The only way would be to install using the manual process. Though Win2k3 should have the necessary drivers for the Smart Array card you may have, it's a good idea to create the Driver disks for your Smart Array card before hand so that you can load them up at the beginning of the Windows text mode install (When it prompts you to "hit F6 to specify addition drivers"). If you do not have a smart array, then you wil most likely not need the driver disks.

Drivers for your server and the latest Support Pack...

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/69_1119.html

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
e4services
Honored Contributor

Yes, you can only do a manual install.
We have a document on our support page which walks you through the process, what you need, where to get it, and step-by-step configuration.
Hot Swap Hard Drives