1753839 Members
9183 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML370 CMOS access

Josh Chen_1

ML370 CMOS access

Hi,

I've got a ML370 PIII-667 that's recently had it's SCSI drive replaced with an IDE. I can't get into the BIOS to change it to recognise this new drive- it never prompts me to hit F10 - do I need to install the System Configuration Utility, or something along those lines?

Many Thanks,
Josh
8 REPLIES 8
Theo Hill_1
Honored Contributor

You should have access to the SCU on post. Is this not bannering on post?
Eric_76
Regular Advisor

Might as well start from the begining.. run the Smart Start.
Josh Chen_1

Unfortunately, the IDE disk has useful data on it (Linux partitions), which I'd rather not lose, however, I don't believe the system configuration utility has been loaded on it - without this, am I going to have to blow it away entirely?

Cheers,
Josh
Tom Mucha_1
Trusted Contributor

I could be wrong, but isn't the IDE interface on the main board only to be used for a CD-ROM?

Reading the ML370 Setup and install guide says, "IDE interface for CD-ROM drive".
Eric_76
Regular Advisor

hey you can be brave and use something like a partition manager and create a 36 mb or so partition for the compaq partition utility.
Josh Chen_1

Tom - An excellent point. I think I may need to investigate this further. Ultimately, it may be easier to simply buy a new SCSI drive.

Many Thanks,
Josh
Gert Luyten
Respected Contributor

IDE drives are NOT supported on the internal IDE interfaces on ANY Proliant except the DL320, ML310 or ML330 models. Therefor the IDE disk will not be recognized by the RBSU or SCU.
A Proliant a day keeps the competition away!
Josh Chen_1

Ahh. That's going to cause some complications, but good to know.

Many Thanks,
Josh