1752817 Members
4302 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML370 G1 212-Processor 2 Failed Message at startup

Frank Browning
Occasional Contributor

ML370 G1 212-Processor 2 Failed Message at startup

I tried to upgrade from twin 933's to twin 1GHz processors with proper VRMs (pulls from a DL380). I had read where a thermal upgrade kit was required, but didn't heed this warning (just seemed like a fan upgrade). I put the 933's back it and still get this message. I swapped the processors and VRMs in their respective slots and still get the message. The processors and the VRMs seem to be fine. Have I fried something? Tried to find a thread in this forum with similar issue, but either I didn't find it or there isn't one. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Frank Browning
Occasional Contributor

Re: ML370 G1 212-Processor 2 Failed Message at startup

Follow-up: Found out I have to go into system diagnostics and tell the dumb computer the processor has been replaced. This allows my twin 933's to work again. Still perplexed why you need a thermal upgrade to go up 70Hz a processor. Does this new fan have higher RPM's and notify the computer it is installed? The 1GHz CPU's will each work separately fine, but together, I get the 212 message. Any insight would be appreciated.
Hadi Rowghani
Occasional Advisor

Re: ML370 G1 212-Processor 2 Failed Message at startup

I have the same problem, I remove my HDD and use SamrtStart5.5 to erase all previous configuration.
At the next startup twin 1 GHz processors initialized correctly.
(At the end you should reconfiguration your ML370)