ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752505 Members
5685 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML370 G1 - ROM Update Smart Array 5300

P-A Briguet

ML370 G1 - ROM Update Smart Array 5300

I try to update the ROM on a Smart Array 5300 installed in a Proliant ML370 G1. On the server is Netware installed and a online flash utility don't exist for this OS.

The only solution that I see is to use a smart start CD and to run the flash rom utility.
I have try with a smart start 6.10. When the flash utility read the supplemental disk occurs the error "unable to read rom update". I have tried with different .scexe file and different floppy but the error always occurs.
With a smart start 6.30, the system don't boot because the ML370 G1 isn't supported.

Do you have an idea ?

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
George_141
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

You can update the controller firmware without using smartstart cd. You may download the firmware from the below given weblink :

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/storage/us/download/14694.html

Don`t forget to read the installation steps.

Regards,
George
P-A Briguet

Hi

I had already see this ROMPaq but it's very old.

The firmare version in this ROMPaq for the smart array 5300 is 2.32
The installed version on my controller is 2.88 (version of the smart start 6.10) and the last version is 3.54.

Thanks.
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

Check if the extension is. scexe. Sometimes when you save that file it saves as .scexe.txt and it causes similar issues
ThereтАЩs your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!
P-A Briguet

No, the extension is OK.
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

I assume your floppy drive is working; may be its something got to do with compatibility as the last smart start that supported on the ML370 is 5.5.
I heard this works but have not tried it. Download the file that George mentioned above. I think the 2nd disk is for the 5300 controller. Then download the online rom flash for windows and extract it. One of the file that is extracted is the actual firmware image. Copy that to the disk you created in the first step and boot off that floppy to update the firmware.
ThereтАЩs your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!
P-A Briguet

Thank you for the tip.
I have made the disk and it seems that that works.
Il can try only later because I cannot stop my server now.

Regards.
Pierre-Alain