4295 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML370 G1 smartstart problem

Michael McMahon_1
Occasional Advisor

ML370 G1 smartstart problem

Hi

I've been trying to setup an old Proliant ML370 G1 that has been lying around the office. The operating system has been removed and I think the original system configurations have been screwed up.

I initially tried to erase the server using Compaq sys erase utility on disk but I get a message saying that "The system has been intentionally locked please cycle the power and insert the Smartstart CD".

I purchased a copy of SmartStart release 7.0 but when I boot the system I get the message Smartstart does not support deployment for this server.

Any ideas would be appreciated
5 REPLIES 5
Baumgartl Alex
Frequent Advisor

Re: ML370 G1 smartstart problem

Hi. You have the false version from Smart Start fpr ProLiant Servers. Teh Version 7.0 supportet only G2 and G3 Systems. You need ver. 6.40 or an older version from Smart Start.

cu

Alex :-)
Michael McMahon_1
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the help - I'll chase them up on that.

cheers
ernst limbrunner
Trusted Contributor

hi

you need a 5.50 or older version of smart start !!!!
------------------------------------------
6.xx and higher does not support a system partition and older sytems (G1 and pre DL/ML proliants).
------------------------------------------
if you cannot get hold of a smartstart 5.50 or older, i could give you tips how to work around this
--------------------------------------------

best regards
ernesto
Baumgartl Alex
Frequent Advisor

Sorry, Ernesto. You are right :-/. Many versions of Smart Start :-)
Michael McMahon_1
Occasional Advisor

Thanks to everyone who replyed to my post - your help has been greatly appreciated. I have managed to lay my hands on a copy of 5.5 smartstart and that seems to worked fine on the system.

cheers

Michael