1748252 Members
3866 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML370 G2 - Getting started - Fresh Blank Hard Drives

NEMISIS
Occasional Contributor

ML370 G2 - Getting started - Fresh Blank Hard Drives

Ok, just got a new server in, I'm waiting for my 4 x 36GB Hot-Pluggable drives to come in (they're on back order), anyway I have a 9GB SCSI that I am going to mount as a Non Hot-Plug drive, install the Compaq System Partition (thats what I don't know how to do) and anything else that I got on all those CD's with the server like all those Management tools. The I am going to put Netware 4.11 on there (I am going to clone everything to the new drives using a Netware cloning soaftware package I got -PowerQuest ServerMagic 4.0). Anyway, my question is, how do I install the Compaq System Partition? is it on one of those CD's??? after I install that what is next? the Netware stuff or my Compaq Management tools??? HELP
3 REPLIES 3
Holger_4
Occasional Advisor

Hallo you should use the smartstart CD(it is a bootable CD)to start the server. --> You have a guided install with a lot of properties to configure your System.
Tom Mucha_1
Trusted Contributor

There is NO system partition on the ML370G2. If you have the smartstart CD, you can boot to that and that will setup your system for you (array controllers, paritions, etc). After that you install your OS, then the Compaq Management agents.
e4services
Honored Contributor

This is all true. There is no magic here. You can use the CD or not, just install the OS on the drive.
By the way, we love that PowerQuest product, as well as Partition Magic for workstations. Great products and work great for the application you have.
ALso, where did you purchase your drives that they were back ordered? They are all so readily available
Hot Swap Hard Drives