ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752664 Members
5838 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML370 G2 - Win2K. Rebooting on its own !!.

CA1135822
Occasional Contributor

ML370 G2 - Win2K. Rebooting on its own !!.

Hi,

I have 5 Compaq ML370 G2 servers ( 1.3GHz ) running Windows 2000 Server that are rebooting on their own. This happens very rarely, maybe once every 2 weeks. But sometimes 2 times a week, of course it should not happen at all.

The Win 2K Server installs are Fully patched.
All the ML370's are fully up to date as per the HP support page. Inc all BIOS and Drivers.
No Viruses pressent.

The HP System Management Page just reports a system ASR in the management Logs, but gives no reason. These are mission critical servers and if they go offline during business hours its not good !!.

If anyone has any ideas please put them forward.

Many thanks in advance.
Paul Taylor,
IT Manager,
Lo-Q Plc & Lo-Q Virtual Queuing Inc.
www.lo-q.com
4 REPLIES 4
CA1157469

Hi there,

I have also the sudden reboots but on ML370 G3 systems. 3 of them out of a batch of about 40. I contacted HP and I allready replaced one of the powersupplies (REV:04 with Spare No: 230993-001)
We will see what happens ...

Wim
BR732774
Trusted Contributor

Same problem with ML350 G3 ,still searching for solution .
CA1132255

Hi Paul,

Did you solve the problem? If not there are two issues that I have experienced. One is the ROM on the array controller. If you are using a 64X series controller, update the device drivers and the ROM. Another is insight management agents. Uninstall the agents and the restarts go away.

If you have found another solution let me know.

Thanks,

Sunil
sunil@mdsuae.ae
stumper100

I had the same problem a couple yrs ago and it turned out to be the Power supply. since then I have changed out both power supplys.