cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML370 G2 and Smart Start 6.10 no raid action

joshua_14
Occasional Visitor

ML370 G2 and Smart Start 6.10 no raid action

Ml370 with a compaq 3200 smart array controller.
I have configured the system from the smart start 6.10 cd using the ACU and created a logical drive (3x9.1 raid 5).
Smart Start says the boot controller disk size is 0MB and that there is not bootable controller, then suggests to run RBSU to verify the boot controller or ORCA when prompted but there isn't ever a prompt for it. There is an F8 prompt for the built in adaptec controller which wouldn't apply here.
The 3200 will post and then the F9 for RBSU and F10 for rom based utilities prompt comes up then the system boots from cd.
3 REPLIES
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Re: ML370 G2 and Smart Start 6.10 no raid action

Smart Start 6.0 and up is not supported and may not work correctly with array controllers with no RBSU for them. The first ones I am aware of which had this feature are the 431 and integrated array controller.

Have you gone into the RBSU for the server and set it to boot from the 3200. If so, I would recommend trying a manual install after everything is configured.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Sorry. I shouldn't have said RBSU when talking about the controller. I should have said ORCA.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Joshua Cauthen
Occasional Advisor

Aha! It all makes sense now. The use of acronyms really threw me off. I tried a 431 and when I saw the F8 prompt everything clicked.

Now unfortunately I am out of 431 controllers and my other (also new and unconfigured ML370)
isn't even posting an Array Controller, regardless of model, 5304, 532, 431, etc. The 5304 generates the following: "1783 compaq array controller failure (not found!)[pci bridge missing]"

Thanks so much for your help on the first one. I think the interface change from 5.x to 6.1 threw me for a bit of a loop.