ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752664 Members
6061 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

ML370 G2 technical specification - slot 6 transfer rate?

SOLVED
Go to solution
tami11

ML370 G2 technical specification - slot 6 transfer rate?

Hi,

I installed “HP Single and Dual Channel U320 SCSI Adapter Driver for Windows 2000” on ML370 G2. I suspect that I didn’t install on the right slot – because the transfer rate is slower then I expected (it uses for backup tape drive). I installed that in slot 6

Can anyone pls let me know where can I find a technical manual for this server which will show what is the transfer rate on each of the slots?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Basil Vizgin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: ML370 G2 technical specification - slot 6 transfer rate?

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual〈=en&cc=us&docIndexId=179911&taskId=101&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=316593
Compaq ProLiant ML370 Generation 2 Server Setup and Installation Guide
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

First of all Card will be limited by speed of actual PCI bus 64/66 (equal U3) maximum in your system, plus degraded performance if any U2 HDD used on the bus, it all depend from Components as HDD, cabling, Controller, PCI Bus, SCSI backplane if used.
Additional rule: all installed PCI cards at the same Bus, will work at transfer rates of lowest controller, either Array or Nic or other.

You need to Install Array Controller to slot 1 or 2.

see attachment
tami11

Hi,

Thanks for the answers - both were very helpful!

Kov, you mentioned that the array controller should be installed on slots 1 or 2. (Unfortunatly it is installed on slot 5.)
My question is: if the array controller is on slot 5, is there any meaning if I will reinstall the U320 scsi to slots 1 or 2 (64MH)? because - as you know the transfer rate is equal to the lowest card - which is the array controller on slot 5 33MH.
Will the only sulotion is to reinstall the array controller and the u320 scsi on 1-2?
Thanks in advence
Colin_29
Trusted Contributor

I am a little confused as to what your configuration is. You have a HP Single and Dual Channel U320 SCSI Adapter Driver for Windows 2000 installed in slot 6 and to this you have a tape drive connected but no disk drives?

From what I can see the driver for this card is only supported in the G3 model of the ML370. This could be an issue.

You also have your Array controller in slot 5.

Is your problem the transfer rate to the tape drive or to the disks attached to your array controller?

Why have you connected the tape drive to your SCSI adapter?