108789 Solutions
New Discussion

ML370 G3 Boot Disk

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rosco_1
Frequent Advisor

ML370 G3 Boot Disk

I've been successfully using a dos network boot disk on our Proliant ML370G2 servers to attach to a build server and perform a scripted Win2k build but now I have the G3 model and the N100.dos driver does not load anymore.

Typically this would be down to a different PCI slot address (0x0002 for example) and if I had the wrong one for the NIC I was using, it would inform me of the correct one when the driver failed to load but not so with the G3 and it???s new PCIX GB NICS it seems.

Basically, does anyone know how you can tell what PCI slot number the G3 on board NIC uses and/or whether you can still use N100.dos?

Many thanks

Paul R.
1 REPLY 1
Janine Bertolo
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: ML370 G3 Boot Disk

Hi Paul;

The ML370 G3 has a Broadcom NIC on it. The older servers had an Intel chipset that used n100.dos.

You'll need b57.dos from SP20958.exe located at ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp20501-21000/

Once you're using the correct driver, you should have the same ability to determine the slot number with n100.dos.

Hope that helps,

Janine
To get results you've never had before, try something you've never tried before.