5280 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML370 G3 Hard Disk Fail After Removing

SOLVED
Go to solution
tanvv

ML370 G3 Hard Disk Fail After Removing

I used ML370G3 Server, Win2000 Server, First 3 slots are RAID5 36.4G, the 4th is 36G HD.
After removing, and insert again (Hot swab), at the Computer Management, It shown red sign with indicated that "Disk 1 unkown, 33.91GB Unallocated". There are some data at this hard disk, but now it seem to be empty. Can someone help me how to recorver data in this case ?
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

Try "Import Foreign Disks" operation from windows disk management.
Did you remove disk when server was online?
tanvv

Thank you for your reply. I removed when server online. There are no "Import Foreign Disks" task, because the disk marked "Unknown". I attached file for detail. Thanks.
e4services
Honored Contributor
Solution

So to clarify, you removed the physical hot plug drive #4, that was configured as RAID 0 and used as Logical Drive #1, while the server was on. What you attached is from the Windows, OS side of things. And yes, the OS, WIndows, shows that there is no partition on the disk and it is not formatted for use.

Now go back to the RAID controller configuration and see what it shows. You can use the BIOS screen at boot or the ACU software from Windows. From what you show, though, it would seem the RAID 0 for the drive is still setup, otherwise the the logical drive would not be available to Windows.
My quess is that the Array controller re-initialized the drive when it was replace, after all it was RAID 0, effectly erasing all the partitions/formatting/data that was there
Hot Swap Hard Drives
tanvv

Thank you. It's clear to me. Are there any way to recover data in this hard disk ?
tanvv

I used "GetdataBack for NTFS" at www.runtime.org and recover all data. Thank you for your support