1752747 Members
4864 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML370 G3 INTERMITTENTLY HANGS

Doug Roehm
Occasional Contributor

ML370 G3 INTERMITTENTLY HANGS

Intermittently the screen just freezes.. I upgraded the BIOS to the 9/15/04 version and it is still doing the same thing. This server is is attached to a KVM along with 3 other ML370 G2 servers (which by the way never hang).. any ideas ??
Thanks in advance
Doug
6 REPLIES 6
Carl_57
Occasional Contributor

Hi Doug
I have no solution for you but there is confort in numbers. I have 50 G3s in the field runing NetWare. Each day I have 2 or 3 do this. I'm all up to date with Bios and drivers. HP in Colorado are curently studying my case. I put a call in weeks ago.
If and when I get a fix I will let you know. P.s. Look up in google you will find others.
Doug Roehm
Occasional Contributor

Thanks - I would appreciate a response when you get one - have a good holiday
Michel Poirier_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi,
2 of the newly installed ML370 G3 servers, where freezing and where restarted by the ASR.
And we fixed the trouble by opening a ticket and got the motheboards changed, and no more troubles on those 2 servers after. It is been 3 months now and no freeze at all.

Have a nice day
Richard Pontey
Occasional Contributor

Sorry this isn't a solution for you but a question instead. With the 9/15/2004 Bios installed do the fans run faster and therefore noisier than before?
Doug Roehm
Occasional Contributor

yes, I have noticed that the fans runs faster - not sure why
Ananth Nageswaran

We do have this problem for more than 5 months. The server freezes for no reason and the eventlog or remote insight board doesn't say anything about it. Any help towards this will be much appreciated.