1752785 Members
6152 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML370 G3 Reboots On It's Own Every Week

Brian Dunn

ML370 G3 Reboots On It's Own Every Week

Hello,

I have 3 ML370 G3 and each one of them are rebooting every week but not at the same times. The IML reports this error message:
ASR Detected by System ROM
Blue Screen Trap (BugCheck, STOP: 0x00000044 (0x855CA008, 0x00000CCA, 0x00000000, 0x00000000))
The windows event log has only the one event that it has gone down. I have updated the server with the latest ROM and also the support packs, as per HP said to do. I have read some other people that are having this same problem but with no clear answers on this. Once again this is happening on 3 machines of all the same configuration:

Dual 2.8GHz 1GB RAM Windows 2000 Service Pack 4. This must be a related problem with all the machines.

Please HELP!!!!
5 REPLIES 5
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

Re: ML370 G3 Reboots On It's Own Every Week

See if this applies

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=PSD_EM030509_CW01
ThereтАЩs your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!
Brian Dunn

I updated the drivers on the machine to the lastest support pack ver 7.0. Should this be included inside this support pack?? Or is this somthing that needs to be updated manualy??
SAKET_5
Honored Contributor

Hi,

How often do these servers go down?

Could you establish a console connection (either by being in front of the physical box or through a riloe and try to read the message when Windows crashes, perhaps you could find out some information that is displayed (error message) on the screen for a short period of time and then the server reboots. Through terminal services/vnc/etc you wont be able to read these messages.

At one stage, we had this problem on one of our proliants and the problem was a faulty (hardware malfunction/memory parity error) motherboard. I kinda doubt that you would have 4 faulty motherboards tho.

Ofcoure, you would keep the BIOS on your system board, all the array controllers, NICs and proliant support pack 7. This should have all the latest drivers.

Hope, this helps and dont forget to assign points:)

Good luck!

Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi Brian,

Specific to reboot every week but not on a specific time. Try to stop the services regarding the web mangemnt agent and all HP Drivers. under services. Because it can be due to the HP utility problem as i seen it a post earlier. IF we try to do so and problem does not occur we can try to conclude ehy exactly it is happening. Because it can be due to any application which is sheduled to perform some steps at weekly internvals. Like survey every week but the Time is very specific.

So, good luck any try if you can might help you.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Michel Lachance
Occasional Contributor

I'm having the same type of issues.
Brian, i was wondering if you were able to get a solution for the problem ?