New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML370 G3 Reinstallation

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rui M Figueiredo
Occasional Contributor

ML370 G3 Reinstallation

Hi,

I'm having some trouble reinstalling my ML370 G3 series.

I have 2 - 36G drives that i've putten in Raid 1 in the RBSU.

I've tried to boot with my original smartstart CD but it says i have no bootable drive configured on the system. If i try to use ACU, it says that he doesn't detect any supported controller. I've downloaded the latest Smart Start Version in HP's website and the result is the same!

Does anyone have a clue ?!

Thanks

Rui
6 REPLIES 6
Gary Benavides Meza
Trusted Contributor
Solution

What kind of storage controller do you have? The hp smart start only works with smart array controllers. If you have a different controller it will not be detected and will not detect any hdd. If that's the case you will have to configure the array on the controller BIOS and install the OS manually loading the driver with F6
Rui M Figueiredo
Occasional Contributor

Sorry my bad!

The controller is the original for the ML370 that is an Smart Array 641/642.

Thanks

Rui
Gary Benavides Meza
Trusted Contributor

The original controller is the Integrated Dual Channel Wide Ultra3 SCSI and this one doesn't work with the hp smart start cd. Do you see the smart array while booting, do you see F8 option for the Option ROM configuration for arrays? Check if the hard drives are connected to the system board or the to a PCI Card the smart array 641 check the part number on this controller. The smart array 641 should be recognize by the smart start cd.
Rajashekar Chintakunta
Honored Contributor

Hi Rui,

If there is a smart array controller and if Smartstart or ACU is not detecting any controller, first check if the controller is detected in the BIOS.

Goto RBSU - F9 and check under PCI Devices in the SmartArray Controller is listed.

If it is listed, then come back to the main screen and goto Boot Controller Order. Ensure that SmartArray Controller is the first controller order. Press esc to come back and out of RBSU and now boot with the SmartStart Cd and check. It should detect the controller and work fine.

Regards,
Raj.
Rui M Figueiredo
Occasional Contributor

The controller is an HP Smart Array 642 Controller (64Mb) plugged in PCI-X slot 1.

The F8 option appears and the Hard Drives are connected to the Smart Array Controller.

The Controller exists in the RBSU as well and it's chosen as the primary boot option.

Everything looks well configured to me, i'm as we "speak" trying to Firmware Update. I hope i'll have some news for you soon.

Thanks

Rui
Rui M Figueiredo
Occasional Contributor

Problem Solved.

After the Firmware Updates, uses the Smart Start 8.2 CD and the OS is installing now! Thanks for all your help!