1752448 Members
6137 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML370 G3 SCSI HDD

Jose Eleiner Garcia

ML370 G3 SCSI HDD

One of my SCSI HDD in a RAID5 configuration with 5HDD is already broken, the light in front of the HDD is already red. Now I already called my HP reseller and they told me that the replacement will arrive in 30days. The server is critical in our company and I am very cautious with this server. Now my question is this, I have a spare SCSI HDD from my old workstation with the same size and speed (18.2GB 10K), can I connect this HDD to my server until my new HDD arrives.
3 REPLIES 3
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Re: ML370 G3 SCSI HDD

Yes U may use that, as long as the specifications of the HDD are exactly the same.

Speed : 10k or 15k RPM.

TYPE : ultra 320 or wide ultra 3 ??

& ya the size as u mention 18.2 GB

there SHOULD NOT be any issues at all.

By the way, whats the SPARE part # for the HDD ?
Y will it take 30 days ? its very rare to have a HDD in backorder !

Cheers !
Jose Eleiner Garcia

thank you for the fast answer

regarding your question about the availability of the replacement -- I really don't know why they don't have stocks of the said HDD, they said they still need to order it directly from HP
e4services
Honored Contributor

The delay is because there are no 18GB drives manufactured anymore, 36GBs for that matter. 73GB is the minimum SCSI drive size currently produced. Data densities today produce 73GB per platter, so the single platter 18GB is now 73.
Replace it with a 36 or 73. the drive will truncate to 18, but as you replace the rest, you will get the add space back in the end.
Hot Swap Hard Drives