4163 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ML370 G3 Smartstart CD

Patric Falinder
Valued Contributor

ML370 G3 Smartstart CD

Hi,

I'm having a few problems with my ML370 G3 server and was wondering if you guys could help me.

First of all, I can't find a HP Smartstart CD that works with this server. I tried to download the latest 32-bit version but it still says it needs a 64-bit processor to boot, I'm 100% sure I downloaded the 32-bit version..

I found a HP Smartstart 8.20 at work and I could boot from it but it didn't recognize my RAID-controller so I'm guessing my server is to old.

Second of all, I want to upgrade BIOS on this machine but I'm not 100% sure how to do that. I found a Firmware maintenance CD that I downloaded but it couldn't find any updates at all for it and I know there is an update for the BIOS.

I don't have Windows installed, I run with FreeBSD 8.1 and I use this one because my other server crashed and I needed to get my services online as quick as possible so I didn't have time to RAID the disks.. So I got it installed on a single 18GB disk at the moment and I have 6 of them installed in the server.

I've googled and search HP's website for an older version of HP Smartstart but I seriously can't find anything..

I read somewhere that they added support for ML370 G3 in version 6.00 or something.

What version should I use and where do I get it?

Thanks,

-Patric

2 REPLIES 2
Keith Boddy
Occasional Advisor

Hi there,

What's the current firmware version?

Do you know the type of controller card in your server configuration?
Patric Falinder
Valued Contributor

This is the information i found out using "pciconf -lv"

29160/N/LP Ultra160 (AIC-7892A) SCSI Host Adapter

AHA-39160 (AIC-7899A) Ultra160 SCSI Host Adapter