5522 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML370 G3 won't power on

SOLVED
Go to solution
Darin Zook

ML370 G3 won't power on

I have a Compaq ML370 G3 tower that has been running in our Atlanta Office for the last 3-4 years as a Domain Controller. I powered it down and now it will not power-on. When I remove and reinsert the plug, it seems to attempt to power-on then kicks off and shows the bright red system error light. I have tried removing each set of memory, both hard drives, RAID Card, Power Supplies, even tried switching the processor to the open processor slot, and still get nothing. Any suggestions? Its no longer under warranty.
9 REPLIES 9
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

try the normal troubleshooting

- Remove any attached device to the server (storage, ...)

-> after that reseat all the parts.
memories DIMMs, Processors, Power Supply, PPM (power processor modules), PCI riser cage

-> swap components - try different combinations in case you have more that 2 DIMMs or Processors.
- memories, Processors and PPM

-> Try minimum configuration
just 2 DIMMs(or 1 DIMM depends on the model), 1 processor, no PCI cards, no data cables attached to HDDs.

-> clear NVRAM, using the System maintenance switch

let me know anything about this

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

I forgot to ask you

any amber light or LED in SB? I mean next to Proc, memory modules, PPM or any other.

also check the picture attached just to be completely sure if the external Light that you say is the one
I point out

Regards

binoyskylark
Frequent Advisor

check amber in PPM , if ppm is working , go ahead with the replacement of motherboard

Binoy
Binoy.p.p
HP AIS Blade system Integration
Darin Zook

Actually, using the picture that you provided, It appears that the Red indicator light that I receive is the external power supply. Is it possible that both power supplies (system is redundant) may have failed at the same time?

Also, where do you find these pictures. I have searched high and low on HP's site to find something that explains indicator lights with no success.

Thanks,
Darin
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi

yes that can be possible, but reseat both power supplies, and power backplane to be completely sure, also if you have the chance to check those power supplies in other server

manuals from here
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManualтМй=en&cc=us&docIndexId=64180&taskId=101&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=316541

how go there, see the attached file

regards
Darin Zook

I have reseated both power supplies. I just reseated the power backplane with no success. I had my rep at insight quote me new power supplies. Thanks for your help.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

just in case check using another power cables or powers source (UPS, wallet)

regards
Darin Zook

Done that as well. Again, Thanks for all of your help.
Darin Zook

I am ordering the parts necessary to fix this problem.