1752740 Members
5882 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML370 G4 server & RAID configurations

Hadzrin

ML370 G4 server & RAID configurations

Hi all,

Recently i have bought a new ML370 G4 server (tower) with 4GB RAM, dual processor 3.4GHz & 5x73GB HD. I configured 2HD as RAID 1+0 & the other 3HD as RAID 5.

My problem is:
After installing win 2003 server std edition R2 (purchased with server), my custom application system (a cargo system) takes so long to load/login. Could this be caused by the RAID configurations or the OS itself? I tried to install same OS version on different low end machine and the CARGO system works fine.

Are there any complications/problems if configuring 2 different RAID's on a single machine? Currently the configuration is:
RAID 1+0 - for OS, CARGO system & Oracle9i
RAID 5 - for the databases

Please help...thanks in advance...

Hadzrin
3 REPLIES 3
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Hello Hadzrin,

Refer http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00218061/c00218061.pdf
Pg 51 of 84 and verify if the cable connections are same.

Check http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00208458/c00208458.pdf
and see if you missed on any option.

Its a Raid 1 and perhaps not RAID 1+0 since there are only 2 disks.

1.I tried to install same OS version on different low end machine and the CARGO system works fine.

Is it also Raid 1 or OS, CARGO system & Oracle9i.

2.Are there any complications/problems if configuring 2 different RAID's on a single machine?

No there should'nt be a issue unless the connections are wrong.

SRH
RaMpaNTe
Trusted Contributor

RAID Configurations does no have anything to do with performance issues. This is purelly OS problems, the controller can support UP to 32 logical drives and up to 14 RAID configurations , 2 RAID configurations is the most typicall configuration in almost all servers.

RaMpaNTe
You heve a question... I have an aswer!!!
Hadzrin

Thanks guys...really appreaciated the answers. However, the thing that caused the CARGO application has been resolved, which was due to the HT technology. Disabling the HT wihtin BIOS did the trick