ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752806 Members
6837 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML370 G5 on Netware Degraded Array - cannot upgrade drives to latest firmware

Sharon Millership

ML370 G5 on Netware Degraded Array - cannot upgrade drives to latest firmware

We have recently upgraded our ML370 G5 servers to latest firmware and Proliant Support Packs. The firmware 8.50 CD on the windows 2003 servers upgraded the SAS drives firmware to version HPDA.

On our Netwares servers the drives were not upgraded and now in the Smart Array config the array on these boxes shows as DEGRADED. I cannot find a specific Netware download to just upgrade the drives from HPD9 to HPDA as on the windows boxes.

I am concerned leaving the array in this state, should I downgrade the other firmware updates or is there a way of upgrading the drives. There are no errors in Diagnostics etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: ML370 G5 on Netware Degraded Array - cannot upgrade drives to latest firmware

Yes, Netware does not seem to support online disk firmware upgrades.

You'll have to take a maintenance break and reboot the server from the firmware maintenance CD. This will give you an OS-independent platform for firmware upgrades.

MK
MK
Sharon Millership

Re: ML370 G5 on Netware Degraded Array - cannot upgrade drives to latest firmware

Thanks for your response.

Yes, for Netware servers the firmware can only be upgraded offline by booting from the OS Independent firmware CD, which is what we have already done. Some of the firmware has been upgraded (for the aray etc) but not the drives, the version shows as "up to date" (HPD9) even though we know that this CD updated the Windows servers to the newer version HPDA. These are identical servers, arrays and drives just running different operating systems.