ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1745797 Members
3519 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML370 Raid 5 - Getting "Non-System Disk or Disk Error (No floppy in drive)

Richard Evans_3

ML370 Raid 5 - Getting "Non-System Disk or Disk Error (No floppy in drive)

Have a ML370 800mh/133mh processer. Has been working fine for 5 months. This morning, site is down. See the msg.on the server monitor "Non-system disk or disk error - remove disk and press enter" Rebooted several times. Same message. One time got this message. "Compaq Integrated ??? Array Controller Slot 0 Array Controller Failure Board ID not programmed; replace roms or replace controller. When rebooting I see the initial "Compaq Proliant" screen followed by "800mh/133 mh" then the non-system disk message. Only two of my four drives have lights on them. No cd is in the cdrom.

I have the standard optional array controller card; it looks to be about 1.5 inches by 3 inches and fits into a slot on the system board.

Part Number on array controller card is SP 158855.

What can it be
2 REPLIES 2
Claude Boileau
Valued Contributor

Re: ML370 Raid 5 - Getting "Non-System Disk or Disk Error (No floppy in drive)

Hi Richard,
Try upgrading the firmware on the system board and array controller but if the Compaq system configuration show the integrated array controller as controller order 1st in the system config and it still give you the same error, you have a fail array controller (option contronller).
For firmware here is the link off the hp site: http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/20_1116.html

hp support 1800 652 6672

Hope this help
Claude

Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Re: ML370 Raid 5 - Getting "Non-System Disk or Disk Error (No floppy in drive)

Any errors coming from the array controller during post? If the array was lost for some reason, then this would definitely account for the "Non-system disk" error. Any other post errors? Do you get the option to press F10 immediately after post? If you do get the prompt, what happens when you press F10?
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..