ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752734 Members
5384 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML370 Server not talking to the network

MJohnson_1

ML370 Server not talking to the network

This will sound like a network issue, but I have a ML 370 server that is getting green lights from one end to the other but it is not communicating with my network. The NIC says it is working properly and it was until yesterday, but now it just will not talk to the network. Any ideas on what may have happened? I have 3 others plus 4 DL 360 G5s and 2 DL 380s and they are not having any problems. This particular server usually just sits with no interaction so not sure what the issue could be.
3 REPLIES 3
Prabhu Raj
Frequent Advisor

The port to which the server is connected might have some problem. check the port. Check the cable. check the switch. check the ip configuration. check the teaming.

If everything is proper then you should have no problem with the server.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

exactly, some basic network troubleshooting is needed :)
does another machine work in that same port?

what do you mean with talk to the network?
is it getting an IP-address at all?
MJohnson_1

I have done all the trouble shooting and everything checks out, which is why I posted it to the forum (in other words, I am not a beginner.....)but I am used to Dell machines and not HP. The only difference I can find in this machine and the other one I have that is running 2003 is that the one that is not working correctly has a newer NIC driver, yet still not the newest one. The other machine is working with no problems, as this one was last week. And when I say it is not talking to the network, I mean just that, no response and no connection. The IP is set as a reservation and it is not talking to the DHCP server in order to get it's IP, so an ipconfig gets you no IP. All lights are green, all cables I have tried on it work on other machines and I have tested the switch ports and they work on other machines and I have even changed the port twice. All I get on the server is the notice that the network cable is unplugged, but otherwise the NIC is working properly. I cannot login to the network and it shows me no domain accounts in my Administrators folder under user management. I cannot change the NIC because it will not accept my USB drive and other media is unavailable at this time (office under renovation). I have decided to rebuild to see if I can put the older NIC on the box at buildup and see if that fixes the problem.