1752498 Members
5607 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML370 g2 embedded scsi controller

R. Corpus

ML370 g2 embedded scsi controller

Hi,
I have the ml370 g2 and I would like to disable the embedded scsi controller. I have tried to do it in the RSBU utility, but the server still insists on booting up using the scsi controller as it's primary. I would like to boot from the built-in ide controller, where i attached an ide hard drive.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Just recently I was in the RBSU of a BL35p changing the boot order to Boot from SAN. The IDE controller was NOT settable as the primary boot device in the Boot Order section of the RBSU. Only allowable setting was "2nd". Not sure if the ML370g2 is the same as I have never tried changing the IDE controller setting, but I would think it is.

Have you tried re-arranging the "Boot Order". There are 2 settings you need to worry about in RBSU. The device setting, enable/disable and the Boot Order.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
R. Corpus

Thanks for the answer steven. I had already disabled the embedded controllers but during bootup, the system still insists on looking for a bootable hard drive connected to the controller, and yes, i tried to assign the ide controller to ctl1 but the rbsu won't let me.
Is there a jumper or something where I can physically disable the embedded controllers ?

Thanks again
SPa
Trusted Contributor

IDE port available in the Proliant servers are only meant for the Removable devices.I suspect if the IDE Hard Drive would work on this server.