1752662 Members
5801 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML370 hangs after SP6a

Lloyd_18

ML370 hangs after SP6a

Hi

I am rebuilding an ML370 G2 in NT 4.0 using compaq smart start v4.9. ─░ can install the os fine with most of the defauts and NT 4.0 server boots and works fine. When I ┼Яnstall SP6a and reboot the server stops responding once I login. I have tried a rebuild but it did the same thing.

Does anyone know why this would happen? Perhaps I should not be installing all of the compaq agents as I think they are caus─▒ng a problem.

P.S dont ask why but I must use smart start 4.9 and NT 4.0

Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Lloyd:

Are you updating the agents to a newer version after the installation of the OS? or trying the Service pack first?

Is your requirement to buid with 4.9 limited to the build process? or are you limited to SSD 4.9 as a whole?

Best suggestion I can give is to upgrade drivers and agents after you install the OS with something newer than 4.9 like 6.0 if you can find it. You may have some Smart Start CD's hanging around or you can download vasious versions.

Afterwards, install SP6a, reboot and re-apply the same SSD you installed before the service pack.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
David_971
Advisor

Are you using the latest possible smart array controller driver? You could be recieving similar probles to this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305228 But they blue screens all the time and have seen this on two servers.