ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753905 Members
10210 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML370 has a red light and doesn't start

helen, Le Hai Yen

ML370 has a red light and doesn't start

A red light is on Fron panel LEDS. Power supply is green but system led is amber, and I'm monitoring the board and there is an amber light at PPM1. I tried to replace by another PMM into PMM1 slot but cannot start (because we have 2 servers ML370 G2 that's the same configuration,but this PMM plug to another server is working). I'm not sure if is by processor??
Can I change the possition of primary processor and PMM to the secondery processor socket and secondery PPM slot?
Please advise on this strange issue.

Many thanks!
Helen
6 REPLIES 6
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

Yes Helen you can swap primary processor/ppm with the secondary processor/ppm
ThereтАЩs your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Compaq ProLiant ML370 Generation 2 servers support the following advanced processor features:

Integrated Level 2 cache
Processor configurations and models for one or two Intel Pentium III FC-PGA processors with 133-MHz front-side bus operation
Offline spare processor support with a second processor installed
Support for future Intel processor technologies

ML370G2 Supported Processors are:
Intel Pentium III 1.13
Intel Pentium III 1.26
Intel Pentium III 1.40 GHz Processor
Compaq ProLiant ML370 Generation 2 servers support the installation of a second Intel Pentium III processor for enhanced availability. Processor option kits available for your ProLiant ML370 Generation 2 server include an Intel Pentium III processor with heatsink and a power processor module (PPM).

Switch Settings
It is not necessary to modify any internal switch settings when implementing the server, either as an optional upgrade or as a newly procured system.

Note :
When installing a second processor and PPM, the processor must be the same type and speed as the primary processor. Install only the PPM provided in the option kit with your processor.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hello Helen,

If you have already replaced the PPM with an identical one and the problem remains, then it is more likely to be with the system board.

Your server will most likely still be under warranty so please log a call with HP to get this problem addressed.

I do not believe you can run a system without the primary CPU being installed.

Regards,

Brian
helen, Le Hai Yen

Thanks to all!

yes, I already replaced the PPM with an identical one and also swaped with the secondery processor/ppm but the PB still remain. I think it's by system board too.
Again thanks!
N.ANAND KUMAR
Occasional Advisor

hi helen,

you can try this option before replacing the board,
enter in to the rbsu
go to the advance mode
there you can find set cpu corrected
select the 2nd cpu and make it corrected

Best Regards
Anand
helen, Le Hai Yen

Hi Anand,

Thanks for your suggest but there is nothing appear on monitor so I cannot enter RBSU, how can i do??
Please let me know if you have another way to do.

Regards,
Helen