1753959 Members
7252 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML370 proliant

louis gonzales
Occasional Advisor

ML370 proliant

I've used the softPaq system erase utility on my proliant server, to prepare it for a Linux OS. I've gone from successfully installing RH 9.0 and having it hang at arbitrary times, to having the OS hang during disk partitioning, software installation hanging, to now, where immediately after spinning the scsi drives, I get a blinking cursor in the upper left hand corner. Does anyone have any idea how I can communicate with the BIOS - what is the hot key? I've tried using windows installation media and Linux media - both boot type - to no avail. I've tried using some of the Compaq SmartStart and Support Software, of bootable type. Nothing seems to work, any help would be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Gert Luyten
Respected Contributor

Re: ML370 proliant

RH 9.0 is not a supported OS on the ML370 (1st generation) so I guess this leaves you somewhat in the cold. The BIOS will not support this OS as well.
A Proliant a day keeps the competition away!
louis gonzales
Occasional Advisor

Yes, thanks I know it isn't certified, so I will try 8.0 or 7.0 next. The main point is that the machine will not recognize any boot media. The most progress I've made, is that I get an "F1 to continue" or "F10 for system partitioning" After choosing either, the system shows me a little cursor, flashing in the upper left corner and beeps at me 3 times. Do I have to reset the nvram, better, does anyone happen to know where I can find a page that has the dip-switch settings for the mother board? Thanks in advance.
Mogens Kjaer
Frequent Advisor

Can you boot from a Linux boot floppy?