108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML370

SOLVED
Go to solution
Marius_14
Occasional Advisor

ML370

We have a ML370 and have installed 2000 Server. The server has 2 processors, but when we look at the system information in 2000 it registers only one. We have applied SP4. Anybody got any clues?
7 REPLIES 7
G. Vrijhoeven
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I am no window$ expert but how about a screwdriver and 2 minutes extra down time at the next reboot. Can it be one processor is not connected proper.

HTH,

Gideon

Marius_14
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

I did already that twice without any luck. At the first installation it was fine. A few months later I discovered only one CPU is register.

There is anything else I can do?
Thanks a lot.
Marius.
Martin Forster_1
Frequent Advisor

Have you also built in the VRM Module
it dependes on your generation if it is necessary.

2nd Option maybe it is disabled in the bios

Regards.
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello Marius,
Please confirm the APIC mode by going in the Advanced features of the system bios. If that is set to Full Table Mapped then you need to go in device manager and confirm that the HAL is multiprocessor and not Uniprocessor. If it's multiprocessor already then try swapping the CPU position with the first one to make sure it has not failed.

Regards,
Marius_14
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, I will try that at the maintenance day, scheduled for next week.
Marius..
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Marius,

Check that you also have a Multiprocessor HAL loaded in Windows 2000. If not, here is how to change it from the Device Manager.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techenthusiast/tricks/administration/uniprocessor.asp

Regards,

Brian
Marius_14
Occasional Advisor

Thanks everybody, it works.
I had to change Multiprocessor HAL loaded in Windows 2000.
Marius.