1752815 Members
6056 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML370G4 PXE problem with windows 2000 RIS

Tad Nall
Frequent Advisor

ML370G4 PXE problem with windows 2000 RIS

I have an ML370 G4 with a NC7781 NIC, 6402 Array controller, Single processor, and 4GB RAM. When the server boots I hit F12 to start PXE. The server finds DHCP and all looks good. When it finds an IP and asks for second F12 the server will reboot or freeze apon press. I upgraded system BIOS(P50), and NIC Firmware(2.35). For some reason the NIC and 6402 have the same IRQ. If you change one it autochanges the other. I now have 3 servers with the same config and same problem. I don't think there is a problem with my RIS sinse i don't even get a chance to start it. Looking for any help on this as time is truely money right now.
4 REPLIES 4
David Orwig
Regular Advisor

I don't know about RIS but with HP's RDP, the PXE server needs to be on the same subnet as the client unless you make some changes (spanning tree and similar) or have a pxe server on each subnet.
Tad Nall
Frequent Advisor

It is on same subnet. If that was the case I don't think it would find IP and give F12 option from RIS.
Tad Nall
Frequent Advisor

To any that care. HP has informed that this is a known problem with the boot code. the only fix is to use a PCI nic. They are working on a BIOS upgrade to fix it.
Tad Nall
Frequent Advisor

:)