5044 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML370r hangs on Win2K boot or Win2K setup

Jason Wright_1
Occasional Contributor

ML370r hangs on Win2K boot or Win2K setup

Afternoon all

Got an ML370r that has an odd problem. The unit is stiill under warranty, but thought I'd run this past the 'masses' before calling for help.

On power up the screen has a yellow 'tint' to it (like the VGA lead is hanging out a bit) This 'tint' stays through out any startup, wether it's from a known Windows HD that boots fine on another ML or booting from a Win2K CD.

Each time the ML370r boots, it gets as far as trying to start the graphical side of windows (setup or OS boot) and then hangs :(

The keyboard locks and you can only power the ML370r off. I've tried various monitors and HD's of Windows installs, but they're all the same. (We've even updated the server BIOS)

I'm thinking it's the on-board graphics card that is having problems dealing with something do with the Windows GUI, or maybe it's a know fault on the ML370r.

What do you all think?

Thanks

J.
Solutions not problems please ;-)
3 REPLIES 3
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Re: ML370r hangs on Win2K boot or Win2K setup

No known faults which would cause this.

If you take the drive from this machine and put it into a known good working machine, it boots up fine? Is there a RILOE board installed? If not then I would say there's probably something wrong with the system board.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Jason Wright_1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Terry

Not sure what a RILOE board is, so I don't know if there's one installed.

I've inheritated the ML370r with a host of disks (7 of them) but I don't think there's a good install of Windows on any of them. (LINUX is on one of them which does boot, but then falls over with a OS error)

I think I'll raise the issue with HP/Compaq hardware support, and get someone to have a look.

Thanks again Terry.

J.
Solutions not problems please ;-)
Khalid Rahaman

Hi, I've been having this exact problem for a few weeks now. I have called HP and they told me i needed a SmartStart CD. I ordered it and i a having the same problem, please let me know if you found anything from calling tech support.

Thank you