5439 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ML380 G8 ACU loads to Black Screen with flashing cursor

Steviebabe
Occasional Visitor

ML380 G8 ACU loads to Black Screen with flashing cursor

We had two drives fail in an Array.
We only swapped one out at first to see what that would do - after an hour it is now online, so we added the second one. I can see an error message suggesting I need to upgrade the firmware on the second drive.

I hadn't been able load ACU to see the progress and because the iLO version was outdated so I upgraded that to see if it would improve the available information. 

The newer version of iLO has a shinier and brighter interface, but I can't find any firmware that will successfully update anything.

So can I update the ACU from the iLo - if so which file do i need?
How do I upgrade the firmwarre on the replacement drive or is that a red herring?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
ksram
HPE Pro

Hi @Steviebabe ,

Thank you for the Post. I understand that you are unable to Access ACU (Array Configuration Utility) and  would like to udpate the ACU and the Drive.

I would request you to share the below details, so that I shall assist in getting the right links for you.

1) If you are referring to Offline / Online ACU

2) Current ACU version 

3) Operating System and version

4) HDD Model Number

Thank you

Ram

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Steviebabe
Occasional Visitor

Hi Ram

1) If you are referring to Offline / Online ACU -- I'm trying to load it during POST

2) Current ACU version   -- I don't know how to find that as it won't load:
This is the current Firmaware - I did manage to upgrade the iLO but everything else fails, so I downgraded the iLO and still cant upgrade anything
System ROM                                                                        P72 08/02/2014 System Board
System Programmable Logic Device                                 Version 0x4D System Board
Smart Array P420i Controller                                             6.00 Embedded
Server Platform Services (SPS) Firmware                          2.1.7.E1.4 System Board
SAS Programmable Logic Device Version                         0x0C System Board
Redundant System ROM P72 08/02/2014                        System Board
Power Management Controller Firmware Bootloader     2.7 System Board
Power Management Controller Firmware                         3.3 System Board
Intelligent Provisioning N/A                                                     System Board
Intelligent Platform Abstraction Data                               1.22 System Board
iLO 2.55 Aug 16 2017                                                          System Board

3) Operating System and version                                    Server 2008 R2

4) HDD Model Number                                                   MM0500FBFVQ

Steve

LesRMed
Advisor

I don't know if it has anything to do with your issue, but the system BIOS date sure is old.