108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML380 not listed

SOLVED
Go to solution
ramiathp
Advisor

Hi Karlo, i have installed Proliant support pack 7.9 and the compatible network configuration utility for my test server which is DL360G5
i've got 2 questions:
1. got one error during installation and i need to know what it is? (attached pic)
2. so i ignored the msg and proceeded so now NCU is installed so where is it? and how can i access it to configure NIC teaming?
ramiathp
Advisor

the attachement
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

try installing this and after that try installing again the network configuration utility

is the application is properly installed it should show up in the right corner (I mean next to the windows clock...)

PSP gave you any error when you installed it?

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
ramiathp
Advisor

Hi Karlo,
i updated my NICs drivers and now it seems to be fine. but i've got some questions now:
before doing teaming should i plug in each network port and configured its relevant ip, gateway, mask, etc (same values for both NICs) and then do the teaming?? what's recommended and is there a doc for step by step guide.

anyhow i did the teaming and another connection appeared so now i have 3 but one apears to be disconnected and sometimes both even tho all cables are in, is this normal? even in icon tray virtual conn (teamed) is on but 2 others have red cross.
another thing after teaming is that when for testing i unplugged one of the cables i got below:
Reply from xxxx
Reply from xxxx
Hardware error
Hardware error
Destination host unreachable
Reply from xxxx
Reply from xxxx
Reply from xxxx
Reply from xxxx

is this normal?

Many thnx in advance.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

you first open the NCU after that you make the teaming and after assign the ip and the other ip settings to that teaming

I got something for you

HP network adapter teaming: load balancing...
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00288924/c00288924.pdf

and Teaming WP
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/servers/networking/TeamingWP.pdf
this is a good one

and something else
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/networking/teaming.html

forum sources
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1140821

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1018730

I hope this can help it's simple just teaming cards assign ip and ping something but if you want more depth read those links

regards

ramiathp
Advisor

thnx for the dox Karlo,
just what if i already had one NIC with ip, etc assigned and then i wnated to create the team??
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

if you have one NIC with IP and and make the teaming with that one... is that what you mean?
if so the teaming is a "new" NIC card so it does not matter

regards

KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi again

someone once told me that to create NIC teaming he used a PCI NIC card also he did NIC teaming this using one embedded NIC port and another port from the PCI NIC card

if the embbeded NIC Card failed (or the PCI Card) he had this another way of fault tolerance

cool

regards ramiathp
dont forget assign some points next time

ramiathp
Advisor

no i meant i have 1 dual ported embedded NIC with only one port being used previousely which had ip, mask, gw, etc and i never used the other port so i just installed the NCU and did the teaming (using the one which had ip and were being used + the other which never had ip and was never used) but i believe it doesn't matter coz after u install NCU and do teaming everythig is done automatically and NCU takes over and controlls completely as i've seen.

and sorry to forget points assignment dude.

cheers.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor
Solution

yes

NCU take care of the cards create this new teaming supporting up to 8 NIC ports and creating a new virtual connection...

jejeje points just a friendly reminder