1753760 Members
4607 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML530 ASR's

Doug Williams_3

ML530 ASR's

I inherited an ML530 G2 running Win2K SP3 with SQL2K. It has experienced multiple random ASR's over the last month. Only one produced a Bug Stop trap (0xD1). Event logs show nothing other than an unexpected restart (duh!).

Ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
Marc Eastburn
Advisor

You could try disabling the ASR or changing the ASR timeout.
Marc Eastburn
Advisor

You could try disabling the ASR or changing the ASR timeout.
Mark Lenton

No solution I'm afraid, but I am getting the same problem and it only occurs on one of two identical builds. IML is now also reporting 'Unknown event (Class 15, Code 0 and Code 255)on every boot - I have been unable to find any information on these. Whether related or not, Insight Manager Environment shows sensor 5 (one of the CPUs) often running 6-8 degrees hotter than the other (the other server always indicates a 1 degree difference).

Tech support suggest a hardware issue, so I have reseated all hardware and also now swapped over both processors and voltage regulator modules (expecting to see the temp issue move to sensor 4..........it didn't!!)
I have also run the hardware test on the SmartStart CD for over 4000 cycles now, with no problem identified.
Doug Williams_3

Update:
2 more ASR's this week. I was able to check one memory dump to find the exception address and then run pstat.exe to identify the driver. The offender was ntoskrnl.exe with a 0x0d1 STOP code.

Microsoft's KB article: 302400 would be a great help if we were teaming NIC's on this server. The ML530 is running with only one NIC and is therefore not teamed.

Since the server predates my employment, I am not certain what drivers or SP have been applied.

BTW: Company policy/procedure won't allow me to shut off the ASR's.

Thanks in advance.
Doug Williams_3

The following forum seems to have provided the information I was looking for to solve my problem. The issue in this forum isn't exactly what I was experiencing, but the disabling of System Information seems to have done the trick.

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0xc731b941255cd71190080090279cd0f9,00.html