4121 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML530 G2 Processor

SOLVED
Go to solution
Keith Moran

ML530 G2 Processor

I have tried adding a second processor to our ML530 G2. When it is put in the red light on the front of the server stays on. Nothing is displayed on the monitor. It boots no problem with a single processor.
The two processors are the same.

Any ideas what the problem may be?

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Keith,

Did you also install the 2nd processor power module (PPM). Spare part number 231783-001?

Regards,

Brian
Keith Moran

No, I wasnt aware of this. Would it normally be required to get this or would there normally be one in it?
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Keith,

You would normally purchase a CPU upgrade kit which would include the CPU/Heatsink and PPM, everything needed to add the second CPU. Without the additional PPM there won't be any voltages being fed to CPU2, hence the red internal health fault.

Since you appear to have only bought the CPU, you will need the second PPM module.
If you bought an upgrade kit, get back to the reseller and let them know that the PPM is missing.

I have attached an image showing the Option (Sales) part numbers for the CPU kits and the Spare (repairs) part numbers for the individual CPU's and PPM's.

If you only need the PPM and you are 100% sure you have bought the same CPU then try Ebay for the PPM or buy it from HP Partsurfer.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/showphoto?partnumber=231783-001

(See attached image for more details on what to order etc.).

Regards,

Brian

Keith Moran

Thanks for your help Brian, looks like this is the problem.