3435 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML530 G2 giving BUGCHECK 0xc2

SOLVED
Go to solution
Neil Tovera

ML530 G2 giving BUGCHECK 0xc2

My new Windows 2000 Server has been installed using Smartstart 6.4. It has been intermittently giving a BUGCHECK 0xc2. I'm trying to debug the dump files but does anyone here have any idea? I have reinstalled the whole server but still the same. Plus Smartstart 6.4 should be the latest one which fixed "most" of the BSOD problems with Proliant servers. Please help.
7 REPLIES 7
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: ML530 G2 giving BUGCHECK 0xc2

Hello Neil,
Please downrev the Smart Start Suoort pack to 6.2 since 6.4 has been giving false error messages on some servers. Also in some cases removing RILOE fixed the problem. Yet in some PCI hotplug cage was replaced. So my best shot would be to downrev the support pack.

Regards,
Neil Tovera

when you say remove RILOE, is it remove the card? or just disable it somewhere.

any fixes from hp coming out soon?

thanks for the reply.
Neil Tovera

and forgot to ask. when i downgrade to 6.2, do i have to reinstall the whole OS or can i use the 6.2 to install straight away.
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Neil,
Just remove the RILOE altogether. By downreving the support pack you dont need to reinstall the OS. This goes on top of the current installation. Please do let me know the results.

Thanks,
Neil Tovera

I wasn't able to get my hands on a Smartstart 6.2 CD. So i tried Smartstart 6.1 which was used in my other proliant servers without problems. I got BUGCHECK 0x41, not 0xc2 yet. Any ideas on 0x41? From the forums, i can only see 0x44.
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello Neil,
I had this issue with a customer which was showing a memory leak after the assisted installation was done with Smart Start 6.40. But finally when I replaced his PCI hot plug cage the problem went away. Please look into it and let me know.

Regards,
Neil Tovera

The system board was replaced and after 24 hours, no sign of the BUGCHECKS. I do hope it stays that way.

Thanks for the help.