ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748204 Members
4086 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML530 HP Smart Array 5300 Controller - Error 1775

RDG

ML530 HP Smart Array 5300 Controller - Error 1775

When booting up ML530 with Smart Array 5300 I get the following message: 1775-Slot 4 Drive Array - Not Responding and have to hit "F1" to continue booting. All drives are active and it continues to boot up ok. Ran the array diagnostic utility and it says "Slot 4 Smart Array 5300 Controller: No problems detected". This is causing a problem because we have automatic reboots after patches are applied and this server will not complete boot-up without intervention.
3 REPLIES 3
Shirish_4
Occasional Advisor

External drives must all be powered up before the main system is. Be sure cables are connected properly and securely.Update the firmware. If the problem persists, replace the cable, backplane, or Smart Array
Controller.
amhakassa
Honored Contributor

Hi RDG

I wonder how the server boots to the OS if the array controller is not being detected?
Is the OS in a separate drive and controller (I mean not connected to the smart array 5300 controller)?

In any case if the only problem you have is the server won't continue booting unless you press F1 then you can fix that problem in the system BIOS (RBSU)

Press F9 up on booting to get access to the RBSU
and change the option to press F1 to continue (I believe it is under the Advanced options)

Regards
Amha Kassa
RDG

Thanks for the replies. First, there are no external drives on this server and I have updated the firmware. More information - during boot sequence Slot 2 Smart Array 5300 Controller is detected showing 1 logical drive. The error message about Slot 4 Drive Array not responding comes up after that. There are no drives in one of the arrays so I'm assuming that's the one causing the message. I went into the advanced settings on boot up and had it bypass the "F1" (thanks for that tip) and it boots fine, just continue to get the error message but doesn't affect performance.